PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) is smaller than a tiny laptop but bigger than cell phone. It has chargeable battery, QWERTY keyboard and a plastic pen, which is used for operating PDAs touch screen. In fact, there is bulk of PDA brand that offered in the market that make you confuse on choosing which PDA you should buy. The following are 8 guides to help.
Here are 8 guides to buy PDA:
1. The first important factor before you purchase PDA is to know about the operating system (OS). There are two types of operating system, which are: Palm OS and Pocket PC. Palm OS has long life battery and wider selection of software are offered. Meanwhile, Pocket PC has a good integrated multimedia support and bigger screen dimension than Palm OS. The ability to identification handwriting and data entry is well performed and has more alternatives.
2. Prepare your budget. As we know, technology is progressing in every period, for example maybe the technology of PDA in this year will not be up to date any longer in three years later. There fore, you should prepare how much the budget you will spend to have this PDA in this certain period of time, because on the next period you might want to buy for a new PDA that has latest technology.
3. Prepare you cost. In order to store and operate certain application, you might want to add more memory, or you want to put more software in this PDA. It all need extra cost. There are other elements that you can add into this PDA according to your need, such as multimedia competences. Ask your self what other application or factors do you need to be available in this PDA, and calculate the cost.
4. Consider about the memory.
The Palm OS has minimum 32 MB internal memory and can be added with 64 MB memory card. Pocket PC has 64 MB internal memory and 64 MB memory card.
5. Each operating system has different software programs. Look and understand which operating systems that have best software according to your need.
6. For different utility of PDA will spend different amount of battery. Different operating system has different battery life time. For an intensive utility, the battery would last just four hours. But for normal utility the battery can live for 4 days. Ask for more detail about the battery lifetime for each device.
7. Commonly to work with PDA, consumers must consider about the display. Todays PDA has high resolution and more bright colors. You should check both OS, and define which one is better for you.
8. Consider about the size, form and weight of both OS. It will depend on your taste and style that you have. Test is before you buy.
Those are numbers of guidance for you to buy PDA. Before you see the products in market, you should read from several reviews about detail specs of both OS, therefore at the time you shop and see the product you will be better informed and able to choose the best PDA for you.