Only imagine how vexed and helpless you feel when you suddenly find out that the battery on your mobile handheld has gone down leaving you all alone right when you need to make a vital call. It doesn't matter whether you have to call your boss to urgently tell him the news about business, or your wife is expecting a call cause you are really late, or you must call your auto repair cause you've got a car breakdown. Does it happen to you regularly? Does it make you feel so angry that you become so ashamed?
Great, if you have a fixed phone at hand. But you don't want the people around you hearing what you say, do you? And what if you spend half of your working day in the car?
So how can we possibly solve the problem? Some would prefer to carry a battery charger. But it's not the right solution for those who are deep in thoughts about more global issues. You might as well leave the battery charger at home. So it's better to...charge your mobile device in time!
Well, you may think, if only the phone would charge itself...Or when the battery's time is 10 hours left it could sing a melody like 'Please, charge me, my dear, or the information will completely disappear'...
Well, at least the latter is not a sphere of science fiction. We cannot seriously talk about 'perpetual batteries' but we can mention lots of software warning you in time when you mobile device needs to be charged. As they are adjusted to suit numerous and different requirements, your task is only to chose the software that suits you best.
So, let's make some sort of classification.
Standard warning messages of your PDA
- they are already 'built-in' and free.
- few functions;
- you can't download and set up the sound or melody you'd like to have;
- you can't set the options;
- just a little time warning before the battery is completely discharged;
- you can't set up how many hours before the battery' discharge you'd like to be warned.
Multi-purpose software (a set of plug-ins) like, for example, Battery Status (Battery Pack, Spb Mobile Shell).
- numerous functions of different kinds including those concerning mobile device's battery;
- show the battery power level and its temperature on Today;
- audio control not available;
- only visual control;
- you can't set up options for discharge/charge of the battery;
- too many functions not frequently used.
Single-purpose software such as BatteryZzz designed to warn you about the discharge (or full charge) of the PDA battery playing a sound or melody
- single-purpose products - that's why simple and easy;
- flexible in customizing to individual user's requirements;
- warning message played both upon discharge and full charge.
- serves only for audio-control, no other functions available;
- supports only WAV files.
Make your own choice. If you're a man of action and your life is like a tight schedule, so you will perfectly get along with the standard warning message. If you are a gadget lover and get delighted with different 'frills', you will be fond of multipurpose software. But if you are only concerned about timely charging your PDA and don't want to overpay, BatteryZzz is perfectly for you.